The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at Annfield Plain Junior School:
Inez Burgess – Head Teacher
Mrs Helen Collier – designated SEND Governor
Carole Taylor – designated Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator. The SENDCo works closely with parents/carers, the Headteacher, class teachers and teaching assistants. She oversees the assessment of the needs of children with SEND and plans with parents/carers and staff appropriate support and interventions to support their needs.
Mrs. Taylor will liaise with a range of external professionals and outside agencies to ensure that the advice and planned strategies recommended by professionals are implemented and reviewed.
It is the SENDCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEND policy;
- Liaise with the relevant designated teacher where a looked after pupil has SEND;
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEND support;
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively;
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEND;
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies;
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEND pupils up to date;
- Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements.
For further information please feel free to contact us on 01207 234531, visit the school or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org