Class teacher input via excellent targeted classroom teaching also known as Quality First Teaching.
For your child this would mean:
- That the teacher has the highest possible expectations for your child and all pupils in their class.
- That all teaching is based on building on what your child already knows, can do and can understand.
- Different ways of teaching are in place so that your child is fully involved in learning in class. This may involve things like using more practical learning.
- Specific strategies (which may be suggested by the SENCO or outside staff) are in place to support your child to learn.
- Your child’s teacher will have carefully checked on your child’s progress through the use of school tracking systems, national curriculum tests and internal testing. A pupil’s progress will be assessed regularly and shared with parents, pupils and professionals involved.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.