We hope you all remain safe and healthy. Those who have been ill, we hope you are on the road to recovery.
We understand how difficult this unprecedented situation is; to have to home-school your child can seem challenging. We recommend that, with your child, you agree on a daily timetable which suits you both. Having a structure to the day will make it easier, once it has been established. In school, the morning is used usually for Maths and English – reading, writing and GPS. The afternoon is usually Science and the Foundation Subjects.
Currently, we have set two weeks work for Years 3, 4 and 5. Where possible, we have included answers to support you. It would benefit all pupils to continue reading each day in the Easter holiday on reading plus, if possible and continue tables/maths number work on times tables rockstars, Education City or My Maths. Staff will be checking pupil reading plus accounts each school day to check no children are on hold. Any queries please send them to the school e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the class teacher’s name on. They will then be forwarded to the appropriate teacher to respond.
On returning to school, all pupils with their sheet signed will receive 3 house points for each day.
Year 6 have their two weeks work plus Easter daily homework. Answers have been included, to support you. Although Year 6 won’t be sitting external SATs tests, if we return to school some internal SATs assessments will take place to support teacher assessment. On returning to school, all pupils with their sheet signed will receive 3 house points for each day’s completed work.
All pupils have received a leaflet which had many other sites/ideas for work. Online My Maths teaches pupils a lesson and there are many sites/ work lessons being made accessible for home, including home fitness sessions, yoga and meditation sites too. Learning, with activities/games, to break it up is much easier and a written/visual timetable is always helpful.
At the end of the Easter holidays, staff will update this post on the Friday, for you to print off/view the following week’s learning for your child.
Subject leaders will also add other ideas for you to use at home, to support you in the challenge of home learning.
Mrs Burgess and Class Teachers
Class teacher work set for week of 20th to 24th April, 2020 (for best results plan a daily timetable):
- All pupils who are registered on Reading Plus should use it for 40 minutes and complete set English work for class each day.
- All pupils should access My Maths, Times Tables Rockstars, Education City, Number Frame and complete set Maths work for class each day.
- All pupils should complete spelling work set by class teacher and use spelling frame and/or other online sites each day.
- All pupils can have breaks between subjects – try different fitness sites, skipping, meditation, yoga, relax kids.
- Plan rest of set work for day and include something you want to do – project, art, cooking, maths games etc.
- Share fun, educational sites – including those that get your child up and moving.
- Plan in free time at end of day to give yourself a break!
Class 3 Miss Angus
Class 3/4 Mrs Taylor
Class 4/5 Miss Smith
Class 5 Mrs West
Class 6 Mrs Dorward
Local author Adam Bushnell will be reading a story each day at 2.30pm on YouTube. Subscribe now (free) and get ahead of the game. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Md6jZmPdBn4
This will be available to watch any time, but will be updated daily.
I hope that everyone is well and enjoying the sunshine in the garden. If anyone needs any SEN support – no matter how small – please email the school on email@example.com and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.