Our school community believes that everyone has the right to achieve their full potential: socially, emotionally and academically. Therefore, we will work in partnership with our community to provide a safe, stimulating and challenging learning environment. The provision of quality learning and teaching is at the heart of our vision.
In order to achieve our vision
- The School Community – pupils, staff, parents and governors – have rights and responsibilities within both their school and local community.
- All involved within our school have the right to achieve the best that they can socially, emotionally and academically.
- We are an ambitious school where all our pupils are encouraged to become resilient, confident and independent learners.
- We teach a broad and balanced curriculum which promotes logical and creative thinking, preparing pupils for the demands and opportunities of the 21st century.
- We promote a set of moral values: honesty, integrity, self-discipline and good judgement.
- We promote tolerance and respect for others.
- We promote equality, diversity and inclusion; seeking to find creative solutions to meet the needs of all within our school community.
- We work in partnership with others, to develop a shared understanding and strategies to achieve the vision of our school.
- Our learning environment will be safe through rigorous safeguarding procedures, stimulating through use of new technologies and challenging through extending the learning environment.
Our latest Ofsted in January 2020 states, ” Pupils enjoy coming to Annfield Plain Junior School. It is a happy school with a strong sense of community. Pupils are polite and well mannered…The curriculum is varied and fun. It is planned to meet the needs and interests of the pupils within this community…As a result of wider opportunities, pupils have high aspirations…Children are well behaved and can resolve conflict independently…Lessons are interesting and engaging and pupils are enthusiastic about learning…Pupils’ excellent personal development is a significant feature of this school…Personal development is outstanding because the school goes over and above to provide rich experiences for every pupil…The welfare of pupils has a high priority.”
We will convert to academy status during April 2021 and are joining Stanley Learning Partnerhsip, formalising the successful working partnership we have with local schools.